DCA Lawyers deals in many areas of property, including contract advice, the sale and purchase of commercial and residential property, off the plan purchases, related party property transfers, advising landlords and tenants regarding the leasing of retail, commercial and industrial property and preparation of leases, mortgages, small and large subdivisions, planning and environmental law.
DCA Lawyers is also a member of Property Exchange Australia (PEXA) meaning that real property transactions will be performed electronically and in real time.
In addition, our particular skills in relation to Retirement Village Agreements and other agreements relating to the housing and care of the elderly are of special benefit to those who need assistance. Negotiate the ups and downs of this important and complex legal process with clear and detailed advice.
We place a strong emphasis on prompt, practical and cost-effective solutions. Therefore fees for our property services are mostly charged on a competitive lump sum basis which offers fixed rates for additional services as required
Buying residential and commercial property
Buying a property is one of the most significant decisions you make throughout life. Be it buying a home, investment property, office, shop or factory, we can guide you through each stage of purchasing your property.
DCA Lawyers will assist you to buy your home or property from the initial signing of the Contract to settlement, and includes conducting all necessary searches with the local authorities and ensuring that you meet your financier’s requirements.
- Advise you on the Contract documentation;
- Negotiate any changes to the contract;
- Carry out necessary searches and enquiries for pre-contract advice;
- Inform you of property reports;
- Liaise with your incoming mortgage and financier regarding finance arrangements;
- Register a purchaser’s Caveat; and
- Arrange for settlement including adjustments and the disbursement of funds.
DCA Lawyers will prepare the Contract and Vendor’s Statement in accordance with Section 32 of the Sale of Land Act1962 on your behalf, and attend to all of the steps throughout the process from when you sign the Contract Of Sale, through to Settlement and subsequently notifying the relevant authorities of the sale.
- Liaise directly with your selling agent to ensure they have the required documentation information to assist them to achieve a successful sale;
- Arrange for the discharge of mortgage or other relevant encumbrances such as caveats;
- Liaise with the purchaser’s legal representative for settlement; and
- Arrange for settlement and the disbursement of funds.
Related Party Transfers (Complex Assessments)
We can assist if you wish to transfer a property to another person whether it be a relative, friend or spouse or between trusts and beneficiaries. These transactions usually involve complex areas of law and complex assessments by the State Revenue Office and Australian Tax Office. If not performed correctly, such a transaction can result in adverse stamp duty and/or capital gains tax consequences. We are able to advise you on the legal aspects and provide with you to providing you with the most cost effective solutions.
Commercial, Residential and Retail Leases
With our experience in handling residential, commercial and retail leases we can provide you with invaluable insight into reviewing or preparing a lease that is right for you or advising you and negotiating a lease with a landlord the best suits you particulars purposes and protects you.
DCA Lawyers can assist you with leasing matters such as:
- Drafting and reviewing residential, commercial and retail leases
- Preparing disclosure statements for retail leases in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Negotiation the terms of a lease (including rent, transfer options, duration, exit and renewal options);
- Subletting or licensing of premises;
- Dispute resolution including eviction notices;
- Drafting Deeds of Renewal and Variation of Lease; and
- Preparing Transfers or Assignments of Lease